The Visual Studio Team has released a new Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 Training Course. You can complete it online, or if you prefer you can download the training kit and work offline. For those who don’t have the training budget to take an in person course, these training kits are a fantastic resource! This course is designed for people who have already been playing with .NET but want to get up and running with the new features in .NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010.
The course includes presentations, hands-on labs, and demos. Whether you develop on windows or web, with VB or C#, there is material here to interest you. You will get a chance to look at C# 4, Parallel Extensions, Silverlight 4, ASP.NET 4, enhancements to the data platform, WCF, and Workflow updates, the Application Lifecycle Management tools in Visual Studio, Windows Azure, and more!
You do need Visual Studio 2010 in order to complete the labs. If you don’t have it yet you can download a full trial version.
Since we are in the planning stages for TechDays Canada 2011, I thought I would use TechDays as the inspiration for this week’s My 5.
5 Great Sessions from TechDays 2010 you can watch to learn more about .NET Framework 4 and Visual Studio 2010
- Getting Your Return on Investment with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 – this is an overview session of the new features in .NET Framework 4 across the different technologies
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tips and Tricks – For anyone who works with Visual Studio, pick up a few tricks to impress your boss and co-workers.
- New IDE and Language Features in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Using Visual Basic and C# – this session is focused on the new features in the programming languages themselves.
- Web Load Testing with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 – Learn how to use VS2010 to make it easier to do your web load testing
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for Web Development – improve your web deployment process
This post is also available on the Canadian Solution Developer blog.